× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Location Of WG602V4 Firmware For Download

JBHall56
Aspirant

Location Of WG602V4 Firmware For Download

Long story, short ... I have a WG602v4 that I need to load DD-WRT on for some testing.

BUT ... Before I do that, I want to make sure I have the NetGear firmware for the WG602v4 so I can put it back to normal when I am done. However, when you go to the WG602v4 download page, it says that there is no firmware available.

I found a couple of posts in the forum regarding this topic, but none of them ever get to pointing to a link to download the firmware. I would appreciate someone posting the link to the correct firmware for the WG602v4.

Thanks, JBH
Message 1 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Location Of WG602V4 Firmware For Download

Message 2 of 6
aechmea
Aspirant

JBH is right.

There is no firmware available for download at http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/2575

Seems to be a problem that Netgear Support will have to fix?
Message 3 of 6
JBHall56
Aspirant

aechmea, thank you for the reality check and proving it's not me.

Apparently, either v1.1.0NA for the WG602v4 AP is an ultra top secret release of the access point OS or someone just forgot to put a link to it on the Web site. Eiter way, it would be nice to have it available.

I just don't want to load up DD-WRT and find out it doesn't work right and then have a 'brick' for an AP.
Message 4 of 6
aechmea
Aspirant

I guess that your only course of action is to contact Netgear support themselves and see what they have to say.
Message 5 of 6
peter_planlos
Novice

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7