× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Looking for wap to compliment my nighthawk ac1750 (R6700V3)

bigdog56
Aspirant

Looking for wap to compliment my nighthawk ac1750 (R6700V3)

Hi, looking for a compatible Netgear WAP to comliment this router. I want both the router and WAP to use the same SSID. I have already comfigured several of my older routers to serve as a WAP in this config but not pleased with any of them. I have considered just buying another identical router and configuring it as a WAP as I'm happy with the router's performance but this probably wouldn't be as cost effective. To be clear, I understand that anyone that I choose will probably work but I'm loking for a device in the same class as the router  that doesn't have a feature or protocal that I can't take advantage of or need. 

Thanks!

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Looking for wap to compliment my nighthawk ac1750 (R6700V3)

bigdog56, 

I recommend checking out the EX6250 (AC1750). I've linked the page to the product below. 

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/EX6250.aspx

~Christian 

Message 2 of 3
bigdog56
Aspirant

Re: Looking for wap to compliment my nighthawk ac1750 (R6700V3)

Thanks but was looking for a WAP as I already have cat5e run to the remote point and have been using nurmerous old routers in WAP mode in that position.  I already purchased another R6700V3 and running it in WAP mode and all is well.  

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7