× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lost contact with range extender

71rk
Aspirant

Lost contact with range extender

I got an email to updated my range extender so I connecg the cat5 and try to log in. next thing I know it says password reset succesfully, don't know how that happened, So I put the paswsword I had just used in, it said wrong password. tryed agian still said wrong password, I tried for over 30 minutes, tried everything I could to get gack in, with no luck.  Out of desperaton, I reset the password on the router, still can't get in. Now when I try connect the cable and open the browser and go to 192.168.1:8080, it says "This page can't be displayed"   

I don't know what model # or anything, there is not a sticker on it anywhere. Unless you can tell me where to look, that isn't obvious. 

thanks for trying to help.  Just let me know what else you need.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Lost contact with range extender

There's should be some sticker on it. Some have a pull out slat that has info on it. when you get that, you can go to netgear.com/support/ and type in that model number. it'll have install guides and manuals. 

regardless, you can try factory resetting it to get back to default login info.

To reset: push and hold reset while its powered on. Its usually for 7-15 seconds. The lights should blink/change when you've held it long enough.

default login: admin

default password: password

they are case sensitive.

navigate to mywifiext . net  when you're hardwired in. The address you listed isn't correct. 

Message 2 of 3
71rk
Aspirant

Re: Lost contact with range extender

Ok, I found the slide out try, that was throwing me off. Thank you so much for the help. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7