× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Low signal strength

andyonahill
Aspirant

Low signal strength

I have a WN1000RP working with a BT Hub 4 router to extend the wireless network to my home office.

The BT Hub is in our kitchen, against a 2 foot stone wall on the other side of which is the garage. The WN1000RP is in the garage on the other side of the wall from the router and the signal light is orange.

My office is in a room the other side of the garage, about 10-11 feet from the WN1000RP with a block wall between.

Using the android WiFi analyser app in my office, the signal strength from the router is approx -83dBm, whereas the WN1000RP is -80dBm

So it has not reallty helped to boost the signal!

Standing beside the WN100RP unit, the signal strength from the router is higher then the WN100RP.

Are these things just hopeless or do I have a bad one?
Message 1 of 3
hjmcgrath
Novice

I have exactly the same problem. If I stand 3' from the extender and 20' from the router and the router signal is much stronger. Have you found out anything about this problem?
Message 2 of 3
AndyKnz
Aspirant

Exact same problem with mine. My router is in the kitchen, extender is in the hallway just outside the kitchen and I get the low signal strength light on the extender. Connecting to the router gives me a better signal strength than than the extender even if I'm standing right next to the extender in the hallway :confused:
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7