× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: MAC filtering issue with a B&N Nook reader

kevin0707
Follower

MAC filtering issue with a B&N Nook reader

I have a Netgear WNR2000v3 wireless router setup as an access point to a wired router off of a DSL modem. Up until a couple of weeks ago my Barnes & Noble Nook color e-reader had great connectivity without any problems. The Nook will no longer connect and the message it gives me is: MAC Filtering Issue: There seems to be MAC filtering issue with your Wi-FI connection. The message suggests that I (1.)turn off MAC filtering on my wireless access point or router or (2) add NOOK's MAC address to my wireless access point or router. Does any one know how to do this?
Message 1 of 6
fordem
Mentor

First question - are you using MAC filtering?

If you don't know the answer, then it's probably no, because if you are, you would have had to enter the MAC address of every wireless device on your network, or those would also not connect.
Message 2 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

WNR200 is no access point. It is witless N router

Belongs to http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33
Message 3 of 6
Ssavage
Aspirant

I just received a NOOK and cannot get wifi to connect. When I tried to update Netgear I got this message: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel." I have a windows control panel but did not understand how to get to the above. Can someone help me please?
Message 4 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

make sure you unzip the folder and upload file

also firmware upgrade usually not necessary but more about wireless setting the route that my need to changes
Message 5 of 6
fordem
Mentor

Presumably you're trying to update the router firmware - you can't do it by clicking on the file. That update is done from the router's web interface. Now would be a good time to download and read the owner's manual.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7