× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MK62 Networks not seen by Lenovo with Realtek RTL8188CE NIC

dvmdoc
Aspirant

MK62 Networks not seen by Lenovo with Realtek RTL8188CE NIC

Lenovo IdeaCentre Horizon 27 All-in-One connected to a competitors router yesterday.

Set up MK62 mesh last night and 28 of 29 devices came online without problem except for the Lenovo ALl-in_one desktop.

Can 'see' all the other networks (my wireless printer, my neighbor's wireless network) except for my own!

Tried updating drivers for Realtek RTL8188CE to no avail.

I've seen one other post on something similar without resolution.

I have medium networking experience - any help/suggestions appreciated.

BTW it will connect 'wired' no issues.

LIkely has something to do with 'wireless network channel/compatibility' but poking around the setup haven't seen anything.

Thx-

Message 1 of 5
Wkt20
Initiate

Re: MK62 Networks not seen by Lenovo with Realtek RTL8188CE NIC

I had experience the same issue. I’ve RTL8188CE on a Toshiba laptop. Tried various firmware version I can find and all couldn’t detect the WiFi SSID. Can connect via Ethernet cable with no problem. Can connect to other WiFi network with no problem. The WiFi card definitely works, it can connect to other networks, just not the WiFi network from Netgear Nighthawk router.
Message 2 of 5
GS972
Aspirant

I have the same issue with a Lenovo IdeaCentre A720 all in one system.  It has the Realtek RTL8188CUS WiFi card.It connects fine to my older router an Apple Extreme.  It refuses to connect to my new Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 system.  On the same desk as the Lenovo is a HP laptop that will connect without a problem.  The satellite is less than 2 feet away from the computers.

Message 3 of 5
effdotcom
Initiate

So I recently purchased the Nighthawk RAX45 (AX4300 6 Stream Router) and I ran into the same issues that led me here. I couldn't connect my very old 2011 Asus laptop to the Nighthawk. I have the same model wifi adapter (Realtek RTL 8188CE). I recently got it to work by updating/installing one of the update files that was saved on my computer. 

(My apologies for over explaining these steps, I am hoping that I can help those that are less technically inclined)

-Went to my computers network connection (Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections), right clicked on WIFI and went to Properties. 

-On the properties screen, I went to "configure".

-Then after that, you select the "Driver" tab. And Click "Update Driver" just below Driver Details. 

-Select "Browse my computer for Drivers"

-Select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers..."

You will be greeted with this screen. I'm not sure if these options would be here for you. These files were available to me. From here, I selected the bottom option with "Realtek Semiconductor Corp." and then hit "Next."

(The Microsoft version of this driver update does not work with the router. I went back to try it. It could not find the signal so it's important to use the "REALTEK SEMICONDUCTOR CORP" option if available.) 

Annotation 2021-03-04 195259.jpg

After I did that, my laptop was able to find the router's connection.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
xylon
Aspirant

to my surprise, this actually works! Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7