× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MR60 not connecting to NTP server

maginoodle
Follower

MR60 not connecting to NTP server

Hi everyone,

I’ve had a great run with my MR60 since getting it early last year. I have recently changed internet providers to Dodo (I’m in Australia) and am using the modem they supplied me which is a https://www.tp-link.com/au/service-provider/xdsl/vx220-g2v/ . I have found that I 

can’t watch Netflix or Stan on my tv but Disney+ works fine so it definitely has internet connection through the MR60, to check if it was a mesh or modem problem I ran a temporary Ethernet cable from the modem to the tv( from upstairs to downstairs) and could stream Netflix and Stan so I know it’s not a problem with the modem. I can’t swap back to the original modem as it was supplied by my old internet provider and it was about six years old. I logged into the MR60 and found a warning that the NTP server was not connecting and as we have switched to daylight savings time I believe that is causing the issue. I tried another few servers (all in Aus) but none would connect . I can’t find how to disable the NTP requirement or know whether Dodo is blocking all NTP servers.

Any help appreciated

Cheers Shane 

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7