× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Maybe connection issue on EX7500 with C7800 Router

Photo-Al
Aspirant

Maybe connection issue on EX7500 with C7800 Router

Both the 2.4 and 5.0 indicators are no longer lit up in blue ... they have no light whatsoever.  I went thru the setup process on line, and the indicators there said the setup was successful and both had strong signals and were working fine, but the image above on the page showed everything in green but in parenthese under the 2.4 and the 5.0 were the words "No Connection".  ?????  OK, I don't understand.  (I'm not a techy sort of person either, so be kind ....)   My phone say they are connected to the network, my laptop says it is connected to the home network (2.4), and I don't seem to be having any issues.  Our cable TV is working ok, but I'm not sure if all the lights are on that are supposed to be on in the C7800.  I haven't found that guide yet.   So any clues as to why both 2.4 and 5.0 indictors on the EX7500 are completely off?  What should I do?

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
Photo-Al
Aspirant

Re: Maybe connection issue on EX7500 with C7800 Router

Update:  C7800 router lights for both 2.4 and 5.0 are on, white steady (5.o) or blinking occasionally (2.4).  Ethernet lights are 

1 = off    2 = off   3 = blinking amber   4 = solid white

EX7500 still showing blue lights except 5.0 is unlit.  2.4 now blue.

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series