× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

(Mesh Question) RBK50 or Nighthawk X6S AC4000

Dan_Mosey89
Aspirant

(Mesh Question) RBK50 or Nighthawk X6S AC4000

Hello,

My current set up is a dual band modem/router supplied by Comcast. The router doesnt reach all parts of the home and often goes out. I'm looking to upgrade to either the Orbi RBK50 or X6S. With the RBK 50 I see that it comes with one router and one satellite. I would like to backhaul the satellite to the router. My only issue is that I dont have ethernet wired in my house and I would rather not start wiring because of code restriction. I do have coaxial thoughout the house. I was wondering if I could use a  Actiontec Bonded MoCA 2.0 Network Adapter ECB6200 and use that as a backhaul to the main router. Not sure if this is possible or what speeds I could reach. If I can't backhaul I will most likely go with the X6S.

My ISP(Internet Service Provider) comes in through the basement and I have a 2 story house

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: (Mesh Question) RBK50 or Nighthawk X6S AC4000

You should be able to use a moca adapter for the backhaul. I've used powerline without issues. 

You might even be surprised at how well the wireless backhaul works. 

How many sq ft is your home? 

I've got 3200 sqft and run a router plus 2 satellites for normal useage.

I've also got a RBS40v and RBS50Y I fire up once in a while. 🙂 

Message 2 of 3
Dan_Mosey89
Aspirant

Re: (Mesh Question) RBK50 or Nighthawk X6S AC4000

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I'm going to get the RBK50 and try out the satellite without the backhaul for awhile and if I don't get the speeds I like everywhere I'm going to backhaul it. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7