× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Mesh Two AX8 Routers?

dawnowar
Initiate

Mesh Two AX8 Routers?

I live in a 6,000 square foot home and really need 802.11ax everywhere (80+ devices connected at all times). There aren’t ax mesh extenders yet (Orbi second half this year) so I was wondering if I can mesh two Nighthawk AX8 routers together?
Message 1 of 4
duckware
Prodigy

You won't get 802.11ax benefits until you have 802.11ax clients (which don't exist yet).

For your current devices, you would get the most bang for the buck (and wifi quality) if you could install several (high quality wave 2 802.11ac) AP's in key places -- wired to a main router.

Message 2 of 4
dawnowar
Initiate

Wow. Have you even installed AX routers? I have. Airport utility app shows them overpowering AC APs from Ruckus (A610s) that are considered “commercial”. Installing three RAX80s with two as access points. The antennas are providing way more wireless signal footprint. Documented. Just stop with the “client” BS. If you have 80-100 clients trying to simultaneaouly access the network you need AX. But no one realizes this because wannabe network SMEs keep saying “there are no AX clients”. These are the same people robbing your money and ListenUp and Best Buy. Just install three AX routers from Netgear and put two as access points in advanced settings.
Message 3 of 4
jlocker
Guide

I use Powerline 2000 + Extra Outlet and they work great. I have a small home so i do not use it to e...

I used my powerline to connect old devices that had no WIFI technology or had old 802.11n connections only.

I not a fan of using wireless mesh links to connect multiple network products together, I still like powerline networks or CAT 6 cabling run to locations. If you live in a congested area, wireless links are still subject to interfernce and noice issues.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7