× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Mesh extnder keeps dropping

Marco_Williams
Aspirant

Mesh extnder keeps dropping

I have the AC3000(ex8000) X6s Tri-band for a few months.and ever couple of days it will just drop all connected devices (both wired and wifi)

I am on firmware 1.0.1.186

Disabled Smart connect

Enabled one wifi Name

2.5GHz channel is set to 01 (I cannot change it)

5.0GHz channel is set to 40

All Guest options are off

Password is the same the wifi it is extending.

And when devices are connected the speeds seem to be real slow, for example speeds on the router are about 90-150Mbps, but the extender will be around 5-10Mbps.

I have done several factory reset and played around with different channels. but the problem still exists.

My router is the x10 R9000 (AD7200)

the firmware on this is V1.0.4.12

QoS is turned off

Disabled SmartConnect

Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence

If you all have any suggestions please let me know what I can try to solve this

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Marco_Williams,

Welcome to the community!

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 2 of 8
Marco_Williams
Aspirant

Thanks @DexterJB. I just responded to the message

Message 3 of 8
Marco_Williams
Aspirant

@DexterJB I sent the tech the information, but still have not heard anything back. I perfer them to email me what to do. The Mesh extender keeps saying that my Nighthawk R9000 is not broadcasting the 5G band but it is. And the Max throughput light on the extender does light up (it used to a few days ago).

I have done a factory reset on both and used the wizards (instead of manually, setting them up) and I still have the issue with the Mesh dropping.

I have disabled the following on the router (R9000 Router Firmware Version V1.0.4.12)

QoS

Smart Connect

WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings (2.4GHz b/g/n)

WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings (5GHz 802.11a/n/ac)

Not sure what else to do at this point, since I bought these at the same time and bought them together because they basically are made to work with each other and make the whole home networking eaiser.

Message 4 of 8
westcedar1
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue.  It drops more than connected.  Did you ever figure out a solution?  I am about ready to go to a new solution and slam Netgear on reviews for this product.  I have a Netgear Nighthawk router and things are worse with this product.

Message 5 of 8
Gert-Jan
Aspirant

Me too. Did even a fully clean installation (factory reset) for both the extender and my router (R7000). Pattern is the same all white lights are all on at the extender but: (1) connection with router drops and/or (2) there is a connection with the router but no internet and/or (3) can't get an IP adres for devices and/or (4) app says there is no 5G connection with the router but there is.

Tried differented setting like channels/same or other SSID for 2.4 and 5/static dynamic IP, ect

Frustated 😞

What to do?

Message 6 of 8
Marco_Williams
Aspirant

Support contacted me a few days after the post with a beta firmware. I did not install it because I started having problems with my router itself. I eventually just gave up.

Message 7 of 8
Gert-Jan
Aspirant

All my problems are solved! What I did: factory reset voor al devices, latest fm voor all devices, new ssid + password, made sure that every device on the networks forgets the old ssid, made a different ssid and password for 2.4 and 5, bought a extra extender, gave both extenders a fixed IP (not x.250 (!)). The extenders use the x.250 for other purposes.

Just to make sure I bought an EX7000 as extra extender. This wat infounded out that it wasn’t alone what caused all the troubles (!)

Now enjoying up to 600mbps at the attic!!
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7