× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MiFi =>WNCE3001 => WNDR3400 (DD-WRT) Help

SloGoing
Follower

MiFi =>WNCE3001 => WNDR3400 (DD-WRT) Help

**I hope I didn't double post this on accident, if so please delete one.

I'm sure this it probably a no brainer to many of you, but right about now that also happens to describe how I am feeling - like I have no brain.

I have a Verizon MiFi 5510L. I purchased a WNCE3001 to connect to the MiFi then, using the ethernet cable, connect into the WNDR3400 (which I've updated with dd-wrt).

The goal is that once I've connected it correctly, everyone in the house just continues to connect to the WNDR3400 router, as usual, except the signal is coming from the MiFi rather than surewest.

MiFi => WNCE3001 => Desktop = Works Fine
I can connect to the MiFi with the WNCE3001 and connect an ethernet cable from my desktop to the WNCE3100 and get internet just fine.

MiFi =>WNCE3001 => WNDR3400 (DD-WRT) = Doesn't Find Internet
But if I take the ethernet cable from the wnce3100 and connect it to the router rather than the desktop, then connect the desktop's ethernet cable back into a port on the router (the normal setup when accessing the internet using the surewest ethernet cable rather than the wnce3100 ethernet cable), I get no internet connection.

I know there must be some setting I am missing on the router, but I cannot figure it out and therefore I can't figure out how to marry the router and the WNCE3001.

Any help would be really really appreciated!
Message 1 of 2
storm_2003
Novice

Re: MiFi =>WNCE3001 => WNDR3400 (DD-WRT) Help

What is the IP address that you get on your desktop with this setup?
MiFi => WNCE3001 => Desktop = Works Fine

Two suggestions:
1. If you connect the WNCE3001 to WAN port of the WNDR3400 (DD-WRT), - make sure the LAN IP of WNDR3400 is NOT on the same subnet as what you get on your Desktop.

2. If you connect the WNCE3001 to the LAN port of the WNDR3400 (DD-WRT),
- make sure to set the LAN IP of the WNDR3400 on the same subnet as what you get on your Desktop.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7