× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Model EX6110 Wifi Network name with the _2GEXT or _5GEXT at the end is not showing

jallen12811
Follower

Model EX6110 Wifi Network name with the _2GEXT or _5GEXT at the end is not showing

I have connected my extender to the router, I have 2 solid green lights on the extender. However when I go to the connection options on my tv the options it states in the instructions aren't listed. I only show an option that just says extender but does not have the numbers after my home connection name that it says it will. When I choose this option and try to play a game on the Xbox I get a message about checking my connection. It will still work going on my original network name but then I cant tell if the extender is working. 

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Model EX6110 Wifi Network name with the _2GEXT or _5GEXT at the end is not showing

Did you set it up using the push button WPS option? 

If so, factory reset the extender  and set it up using the installation assistant.

To factory reset, push and hold the reset button for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Here's a video of how to use the assistant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7