× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Model EX7300v2 - need to reset password and extender not showing up in wifi menu for connection

Jomtvedt
Aspirant

Model EX7300v2 - need to reset password and extender not showing up in wifi menu for connection

Hello all.  Looking for some help.

I have a Netgear Nighthawk Extender and I'm having issues with it.

First, it doesn't even show up in the wifi menu to choose to connect to - for any devices in our home. All lights on the extender are "green", but we can't even choose to connec to it.  

Second, I have the app on my phone and cannot sign in.  I do not remember my password.  I want to change it and am having serious trouble doing that.  It takes me to another URL that never gets me to a "change passwrod" screen.

Any thoughts, very frustrating.

Thanks.

john

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Model EX7300v2 - need to reset password and extender not showing up in wifi menu for connection

A couple things. 

1. The EX7300 is a mesh extender. Meaning it uses the same ssid/password as the router if setup using mesh or the wps setup method. 

2. the password recovery feature has a flaw. that flaw? if you didn't set it up, it still asks the questions but there isn't a right answer. So if it wasn't setup, you don't know the password, or you don't know the answers to the questions, then to get back into the extender, you'd need to factory reset it. that gets you back to the default login and password.

login: admin

password: password

Message 2 of 4
Jomtvedt
Aspirant

Re: Model EX7300v2 - need to reset password and extender not showing up in wifi menu for connection

Thank you very mucy.

I did the factory reset and it came back online, but i still can't log in even with admin and password as you state.  Any other ideas?

Also, if it's online and all lights green shouldn't it be accessible from wifi menu on mobile device?

Thanks.

john

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

If its online you should be able to access it but maybe not from the mywifiext . net because the router handles the forwarding. If you log into the router and check your attached devices page (or equivelent), it should show the ip address for the extender if its connected. 

Some have needed to hold reset up to 30 seconds. 

i'd also try another browser or even pc/laptop. I've seen auto-fill managers overwrite data and cause login issues. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7