× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Model PLP2000 (2 x PLP2000)

AdamBry
Follower

Model PLP2000 (2 x PLP2000)

After setting up my Powerline 2000 + Extra Outlet I received a connection. Both of my adapters read green power, ethernet, and pick-a-plug. I noticed my mbps jumped significantly. I disabled my pre-exisitng wifi connection and only enabled the ethernet connection. I am having the issue of consistenly holding a connection. It will drop the connection every couple of minutes. I re-assured that I followed the instructions correct. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I am unsure of where to turn to. 

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Model PLP2000 (2 x PLP2000)

I'm a bit confused on how disabling the wifi fits in, as the PLP2000 only extends ethernet, and has nothing to do with wifi.  What client are you connecting to the PLP2000?

Powerline performance can be disrupted by circuit load, but the PLP2000 does have a built-in powerline filter that should minimize that.

When the connection drops, are you seeing the power led blinking green?  If so, that means the PLP2000 is in power saving mode.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7