× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Model WAC 104 (Access Point) can't access login page

jpridx
Tutor

Model WAC 104 (Access Point) can't access login page

Hello! I just purchased a Netgear WAC 104 Access Point unit, and it appears as though there's no website available to connect to in order to get this unit operating. I've tried http://www.aplogin.net ad well as 192.168.0.100, and all I get is a website that's under construction with absolutely no login connection available. Needless to say, this is becoming a rather frustrating experience. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
jpridx
Tutor

Re: Model WAC 104 (Access Point) can't access login page

The problem has been resolved! It seems that Netgear has slipped a few notches in recent years. The installation manual was worthless.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
jpridx
Tutor

I guess my question is this: Is the website temporarily unavailable? Or has it simply been abandonded not to be used any longer? If the latter is the case, it appears that I just blew my money on a unit that can't possibly be used as an access point.

Message 2 of 6
jpridx
Tutor

The problem has been resolved! It seems that Netgear has slipped a few notches in recent years. The installation manual was worthless.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

The default IP maybe if you have a directly connection with a PC with out it being connected to a router. The APs IP address will be what ever is seen on the routers connected clients list that the WAP gets from the router. 

Message 4 of 6
jpridx
Tutor

Yeap, that's pretty much what happened. I was initially trying to set it up with a wireless laptop while using the supplied login page (aplogin.net) and the given IP address (192.168.0.100), and nothing seemed to work. Once I hooked up the WAC104 directily to the router through my desktop computer, it automatically assigned an IP address which enabled me to set up the unit.  I'm not sure why I didn't see the assigned IP address previously, for it was hooked up directly to the router. Oh well. At any rate, it's working great now! Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements