× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Modem compatible with MR60 router and satellites

windingtrail
Initiate

Modem compatible with MR60 router and satellites

My modem is more than 5 years old and its not keeping pace with my new Nighthawk wifi6 mesh router+satellites (need it to extend to a den outside the house). I don't want to pay modem rental fees with xfinity. Can you suggest compatible DOCSIS modems ?

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

for docsis 3.1 devices theres:

CM1000

CM1100

CM1200

CM2000

for those with voice:

CM1150V

CM2050V

There's other docsis 3.0 devices but i'd stick with docsis 3.1

how far from the house is the den? Exteriors or homes tend to do a great job blocking wifi as they tend to have materials like metal, cement, foil lined insulution, adobe, brick, etc that all block wifi. 

Sometimes its cheaper to just bury an underground cable and connect the home to the den. 

Message 2 of 3
windingtrail
Initiate

You are right . The den is an office room , a few feet away in the backyard . The nighthawk satellite alone didn’t work as wifi extender. So we got underground Ethernet cabling work done recently. Ethernet connected to the satellite works fine . I have a good throughput and latency , but of late connection is getting dropped in video calls . We checked with xfinity and found the issue to be the old modem which needs replacement . I will get one of the docsis 3.1 modems from net gear .
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7