× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mom registered Nighthawk EX7000 to old internet provider, how do I switch it to new provider Wifi?

ronsdarlings
Follower

Mom registered Nighthawk EX7000 to old internet provider, how do I switch it to new provider Wifi?

My mom has an AC1900 WiFi Range Extender that she linked up with her old AT&T account but has since switched over to Spectrum. How can I go about getting the WiFi extender off the old and in with the new? She does not know the password to her old AT&T router and wifi.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Mom registered Nighthawk EX7000 to old internet provider, how do I switch it to new provider Wif

Do a factory reset on the EX7000 and re-configure with the Spectrum wireless router from scratch -> EX7000 docs here 

Netgear had the (strange) idea to force an email address for the username on the extenders - this has no added value - instead of using the common default admin, there is not even a password recovery option using this email address - so complete unrelated to the previous ISP.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7