× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Move to Mesh 6 wifi from Nightgawk R7000?

Matt__G
Follower

Move to Mesh 6 wifi from Nightgawk R7000?

Hi. Newbie question from a non-techy. I’m using a nighthawk R7000 with old netgear extender on virgin media’s fastest broadband package. Struggling in far corners of house with low signal. (Kids are complaining). Would moving to a netgear mesh 6 wifi and booster be an upgrade and likely to give better signal? Thanks

Amazon NETGEAR AX1800 Nighthawk Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System MK62, wireless router with 1 satellite extender, coverage up to 2,000 sq. ft. and 25+ devices, 2 Pack, Black, a_NA
Message 1 of 2
Coaleyed
Guide

Re: Move to Mesh 6 wifi from Nightgawk R7000?

Consider your house square footage.  I personally live in a house that is about 1900sq ft and 1100 sq ft downstairs.  I just bought an RAX200 and it's NOT reaching the end of my bathroom.  And BARELY reaching my garage.  These distances are uninhibited calculations.  I have the router downstairs in my house sitting on an over head level wall shelf.  So... I have ran cables and turned 2 range extenders into APs (EX8000, & EAX80) covering the weak areas.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7