× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Multiple Range Extender WN3000RP ?

Janeca
Follower

Multiple Range Extender WN3000RP ?

Hi
I have a simple question. Can i use more then one Range Extender WN3000RP(Or another Range Extender) on the same Network?
Thank you
Janeca

Message 1 of 5
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Re: Multiple Range Extender WN3000RP ?

If you connect the 2nd extender to the main network that would be ok. If 2nd extender is connected to the 1st extender, its possible but expect a slow connection.
Message 2 of 5
lmattiazzi
Aspirant

Thanks, minions08, I have the same question. How much slower should I expect the connection to be?
Message 3 of 5
Fairytail
Virtuoso

That I am not sure of as it depends on the environment. If the connection from the 1st extender is cut into half then probably can get 1/4 or less with your subscribe speed.
Message 4 of 5
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

WiFI CSMA/CA protocols prevent simultaneous transmission from devices sharing the same channels (or overlapping channels), devices have to ‘listen’ and wait for clear air-time before transmitting. So any device with a single radio will by default reduce throughput by half, do this twice and throughput would be less than a quarter. Add losses due to range and obstacles and double repeating can be very problematic and disappointing.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7