× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Multiple extension

DuGo2Guy
Aspirant

Multiple extension

Now that I have several extenders I visit via mywifiext. After logout I'm still connected to one of several extended networks. How about returning to the IP selection Page rather than the current Extender login page?

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

@DuGo2Guy wrote:

Now that I have several extenders I visit via mywifiext. After logout I'm still connected to one of several extended networks. How about returning to the IP selection Page rather than the current Extender login page?

Not sure what you're saying.

You can connect to the extenders via their ip address instead of the mywifiext address.

What issue are you having exactly? 

Message 2 of 7
DuGo2Guy
Aspirant

Yes, http://my ... gets me to the a list of Extender IPs. I select an IP and login > do whaever > logout > return to the Extenders login with the extenders User name filled in.

At that point if I change athe User Name and attempt to login GIGO Land, or so it seems. After logout I wanted to get back to the IP selection list. Please Advise.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Log into your router (whatever that may be) and look at the connected devices page. it should show you what IP address each extender is. 

Use this to log into the individual ones.

Message 4 of 7
DuGo2Guy
Aspirant

NADA, it only workes for the First Extender now. I either get a blank, can't reach this page message, or the usual reference search for IP addresses in Bing. And, now http://my ... only brings up the login.htm for the first extender I installed. i.e. I don't get a list of IP addresses to shose from that I had before. I am using EDGE, would that be an issue?

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

If you're using an edge router and the RAX you're probably in a double nat situation. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Message 6 of 7
DuGo2Guy
Aspirant

The scenerio is as follows:

I was upgrading from some older NETGEAR Router + Range estenders with my Original ISP, was connection, to a different ISP (Fiber interface) with the new, now connection, NETGEAR router + EX8000 range extenders. During the shuffel various connections seneriops were in play and the Double NAT was possible. After all smoke blown away the final colnnection senerio is the oricinal ISP connection is terminated, modem disconnected, and all routers + extenders returned to factory reset and powered off.

The Now connection senerio is that all equipment is connected to the new NETGEAR router + EX8000s and the new ISPs Modem/router is connected in a hot spot configuration. Before I procede please advise'

1. I believe bridge mode is appropriate for the new ISPs modem/router connected as a hot-spot.

2. The new Router has some "Unknowns" in the Attached device list and only the first EX8000 can be administered. Would a reset and redo be approptiate?

3. Under the present connection senerio a user only has access to the internet via the hot-spot. All attempts to connect via wifi via range extender recieve the digital digit. and troubpeshooting procedes to an adapter reset without sucess.

I do have a question; are the key words Public and Privet used to separate LAN from WAN on whatever represents the nets security layer? i.e. do they imply various encryptions, firewals et al?

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7