× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My AC1200 6110 Range Extender will not accept my router wifi password when I try to connect my mobi

Confusedox
Aspirant

My AC1200 6110 Range Extender will not accept my router wifi password when I try to connect my mobi

My AC1200 6110 Range Extender will not accept my router wifi password when I try to connect my mobile phone or computer. Extender is connected to router as shown by the ledes being green.

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: My AC1200 6110 Range Extender will not accept my router wifi password when I try to connect my m

You have the EX6110?

What firmware is on it? 

What router did you connect it to? 

Did you install it using WPS? if so, factory reset the extender and reinstall it using the installation assistant. Not all device makers code wps the same and it can create issues. 

Message 2 of 5
Confusedox
Aspirant

Re: My AC1200 6110 Range Extender will not accept my router wifi password when I try to connect my m

Thanks for your help

Extender automatically installs with WPS as per instructions.

Installation assistant says visit ...which does not work in UK

Extender is connected to router but will not accept router password.

Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

@Confusedox wrote:

Thanks for your help

Extender automatically installs with WPS as per instructions.

Installation assistant says visit ...which does not work in UK

Extender is connected to router but will not accept router password.

Not sure what the "says visit" means. 

What are you trying to say here? 

Again, if you used wps, factory reset and reinstall using the installation assistant. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/ex6110

What router are you connecting it to?

Message 4 of 5
Reghar
Aspirant

Try resetting and running setup with an Ethernet cable. WPS is not always going to work.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7