× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender goes down

philspo
Aspirant

My AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender goes down

Hi

My AC 3000 Nighthawk X6S model EX8000 keeps shutting down.

It works perfectly for several hours and then disapears from the network and the white leds on the front are off.

Its annoying because I have a Synology NAS attached to it via ethernet and, of course, when the extender is off, I can't reach the NAS neither via internet nor on the LAN.

I have to press the on/off button to switch it off and then on again. Then it works again properly for some hours or even days and after that the problem occurs again.

Has anyone had a similar problem and knows how to fix it ?

Thanks for your help.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
philspo
Aspirant

Hi,

Thank you very much for your input.

I will try  your suggestions and maybe install a UPS as well.

The problem didn't occur again these last days.

Thanks again

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What firmware version is on it? 

Did this just start? 

Is it a new device? 

Message 2 of 5
philspo
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks for the answer.

The firmware is the latest available (can't remember the number ; I'm not home right now)

I think the problem is present since the beginning. I bought the divice last july.

I live in the country. There are regularly some brief power cut-offs here (for a fraction of a second). Could it be the reason ?

I'm not sure about that, but if yes, is there a way to make the device restart automatically after a cut-off ? 

Thanks again

Philippe

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

2 things you can try. 

1. you can try downgrading the firmware a version to check if its a firmware issue. 

2. you could try a different power supply. Maybe its crapping out under load at a certain point. If you have a different device with a matching power supply (exact same voltage/polarity and at least the same amperage) you could try it. 

Message 4 of 5
philspo
Aspirant

Hi,

Thank you very much for your input.

I will try  your suggestions and maybe install a UPS as well.

The problem didn't occur again these last days.

Thanks again

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7