× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My EX7000 connections "go bad" after a while

cdysthe
Virtuoso

My EX7000 connections "go bad" after a while

Hi,

I have an EX7000 connected to my R7000 in extender mode. However, after a day or so the devices connected to the EX7000 start having connection problems and when I try to disconnect and connect again it's not possible until I reboot the EX7000 and sometimes I have to reboot the R7000 as well before the EX7000 to get back in business. This is really annoying. I have not had problems like this with the R7000 which is rock solid. I have the latest firmware on the EX7000 and I have the connection to the R7000 on a fixed IP, 10.0.0.2. The R7000 has 10.0.0.1. The DHCP range is 100-200 so there's nothing else wanting extender address. Is this buggy firmware (I have had that kind of problem with Netgear in the past), or is it something I can do so my network stays up and running for more than 24 hours?

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello cdysthe

Have you tried to change the wireless channel as something could be interfering with the signal.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
cdysthe
Virtuoso

Hi,

I have tried that also. The extender and router ends up using the same channel, so I am not sure how that would work unless there's a way to prevent that I do not know about? I am able to keep it going now, but as soon as try to down or upload lagers files the connections stalls and I have to reboot the extender. Seems to be the DHCP server that gets hung so you can't get an updated connection. I really think it needs a firmware update, but it seems like Netgear is aware of the problems with this model and can't improve it through firmware. I would so hope I am wrong! 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7