× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My Netgear AX1600 Mesh Extended will not accept my router's password

Mikal_Man
Follower

My Netgear AX1600 Mesh Extended will not accept my router's password

Hello, I have a Netgear Wifi Extender, and I am trying to set it up in the Nighthawk app. I get through most of the setup process, and am now brickwalled at the part where I connect my Router to the Extender. I have selected both the correct 2.4 & 5G networks. When asking for my password, I type it in EXACTLY as it is printed on the bottom of my router (we have not bothered to change the default Network name/password). I type in the password, and hit next, and the app says "Verifying and Connecting". The circle spins for about 10 seconds, and then proceeds to tell me that the password is incorrect. I have verified several times that it is typed exactly as it is printed on the bottom of my router, and I have tried it with both caps & lowercase, to no avail. This is extremely frustrating, and would love some help and a possible resolution lol. Thank you for your time

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: My Netgear AX1600 Mesh Extended will not accept my router's password

1. what router do you have? (model)

2. what extender do you have? (hint, ax1600-/1800 is a speed, not a model)

3. Try going into your router and changing its ssid. Some devices struggle with special characters/spaces. So try changing the ssid/password

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7