× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My Netgear Wifi Range Extender won't connect to my Roku.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

My Netgear Wifi Range Extender won't connect to my Roku.

So to make this short and sweat for now my Roku will not connect to my Wifi range extender. It will connect to the main netgear router signal but not the extender which the same connection just extended. I have reset my modem, router, and extender I even factory reset my extender and my roku. Nothing has worked so far I even looked up tutorials online via google and youtube in hopes of finding a solution. For those wondering my extender firmware is V1.0.1.80_1.0.144 I also want to add all my other devices connect to my extender just fine its only the Roku. So I am at a point where I am wondering if its the Roku or maybe something with my extender. Leaning more towards it being my Roku if I am honest. Anyways any help is appricated thank you.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: My Netgear Wifi Range Extender won't connect to my Roku.

Is the roku able to see the extender's wifi? 

If everything else is working, i'd be better on either the roku being wonky or the roku's connection not recognizing something in the password/ssid. 

A couple things i'd try first.

1. Just for testing purposes, disable wifi security. See if the roku can connect on an open wifi to the extender.

2. Try changing the wifi password. avoid special characters/capital letters for the time being. 

3. Try changing wifi channels. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7