× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My Nighthawk X4 AC2200 mesh extender has security issues

Apace
Aspirant

My Nighthawk X4 AC2200 mesh extender has security issues

AC2200 WiFi Mesh Extender (EX7300) 

Just finished connecting it to the wifi and the WPA is already set and working. But when I tried to google or use the "Microsoft Store", the store refused to load, and google gives me a considerably large security risk message the moment I turn in the extender. I know the extender is the issue because the moment I turned it off the problems all went away. 

I would like to have better connectivity in different places of my house but if I'm immediately getting security risks I do not want to take the chance. 

Please help

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: My Nighthawk X4 AC2200 mesh extender has security issues

1. what router is it connected to? 

2. what firmware is on it? 

3. what method of setup did you use? WPS push button? the installation assistant? The app?

Message 2 of 4
Apace
Aspirant

It’s connected to an AT&T router given by the company themself. One of the new ones that supports fiber. I can’t remember the specific router model and am currently unable of checking.

It is on the latest firmware as I just updated it before I had plugged it in.

I used the WPS form of setup. Although I immediately went onto the app to ensure that everything was working.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

If you set it up using wps, factory reset the extender  and set it up using the installation assistant.
To factory reset, push and hold the reset button for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 
Here's a video of how to use the assistant. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

If that doesn't help, a screen snip of the error your getting helps

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7