× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My WN1000RP won't connect to tablet

Butterscotch194
Follower

My WN1000RP won't connect to tablet

I have had this for over a year and once before it dropped connection only on the tablet- I called and they helped me. I just called but since it is over a year old I have to pay.
Please help. I am not very techy so I need step by step directions.
When I go to the area that says wireless networks the one that shows EXT says either fair or good connection. When I click connect it tells me it is authenticating. Nothing else happens.
Please Please help me!!
Thanks
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: My WN1000RP won't connect to tablet

I would reset the unit and reset the extender again if that helps

You can go to support.netgear.com and download the manual
Message 2 of 4
Billcal
Aspirant

A request for authenticating is asking for a password for that network. I have the same sort of situation: a standard wireless network with a name but when I tried to add an extender to boost signal strength in some parts of the house it created a second network with the same name but followed by _EXT. I can connect to that (using the same password authentication as for the first network) but I would like to redo the Extender function and have it just add strength to the signal by locating the WN1000 in another room. I can't find a way to do that.
So signing in to the EXT network does the job with good signal strength in those areas but I would rather just have one wireless network to sign in to.

You might try whatever password you used for the original network before adding the EXT.

I have been trying a ask about that on this forum but I can't find a place to find the NEW THREAD box to create a new thread. Can you help?

Billcal (user name for this forum)
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I have been trying a ask about that on this forum but I can't find a place to find the NEW THREAD box to create a new thread. Can you help?

??

http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Forum tools > post new thread

Do not try to connect extender back to back.. Will fail to work.

You can change _EXT with same SSID as main SSID name. You might get it alert but you should able to change and save it
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7