× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My Wi-Fi signal comes and goes. I'm using 5GHz on a netgear C6300 - Ph-DROID TURBO2-Android v. 6.0.1

jarocho
Aspirant

My Wi-Fi signal comes and goes. I'm using 5GHz on a netgear C6300 - Ph-DROID TURBO2-Android v. 6.0.1

Please help, and advice. Please use the following e-mail: jarochoed2014@yahoo.com

My Wi-Fi signal comes and goes. I'm using 5GHz 

NETGEAR31

Model: C6300 

S/N: 3LM24C7R02119

Ph-DROID TURBO2-Android v. 6.0.1

I am using the App WhatsApp to communicate with family in Mexico. Almost as soon as the conversation starts the signal goes down. I need to reset the modem and signal come back for a while. I need to repeat the process more than 3 times or as needed to finish the conversation.

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Have a great day!

Ed Calderon

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: My Wi-Fi signal comes and goes. I'm using 5GHz on a netgear C6300 - Ph-DROID TURBO2-Android v...

Hello jarcho

Is there any ports that need opened for this app?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
jarocho
Aspirant

Re: My Wi-Fi signal comes and goes. I'm using 5GHz on a netgear C6300 - Ph-DROID TURBO2-Android v...

Hi, Darren. To answer your question. I was not able to find any ports. My phone and I are less than 2' from the modem. I reset the modem as I do when I lose the signal. Now that is reset and the signal is back, I have the following info from my phone in the order it appears. That's all the information I have. Thanks and goodnight. Ed

NETGEAR31-5G

Status

Connected, no internet

Signal strength

Excellent

Link speed

866 Mbps

Frequency

5 GHz

Security

WPA/WPA2 PSK

Message 3 of 3