× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My extender connects but there is no internet

FRANKJR
Aspirant

My extender connects but there is no internet

I've have a Netgear Model EX5000 AC1200 WiFi Extender (Serial Number 679314DL52C83), purchased 10/22/2021 from Amazon. 

It worked on my old Spectrum WiFi router, but this new router that Spectrum replaced a few months ago is hard to connect. On my laptop (and I tried on two notebooks) it says that it's connected to "NETGEAR_EXT". It does connect but it says "No Internet".

I've tried everything I know to do. My router is Spectrum Model SAC2V2S. I contacted Spectrum and they walked me through several steps but while it connects, it still says "No Internet". I'm at a loss so maybe someone here can help me. 

My internet works fine without it, but in some parts of my residence it's weak which is why I purchased the extender in the first place. Spectrum's tech support said that my router can be connected to an extender, but even they're at a loss as to why it won't get internet.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Obviously, I'm not a IT person and my computer skills are very basic troubleshooting, but this is beyond my skill-set.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: My extender connects but there is no internet

Did you set it up using the push button WPS option? 

If so, factory reset the extender  and set it up using the installation assistant.

To factory reset, push and hold the reset button for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Here's a video of how to use the assistant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 2 of 4
Jayla16
Aspirant

I'm having the same exact issue once I updated my new spectrum router no matter what I do my ex5000 does not work. It keeps saying no internet even after reseting and putting in new wifi info.
Message 3 of 4
FRANKJR
Aspirant

I just gave up and bought a new extender from Amazon. 

Linccras WiFi Range Extender with Etnernet Port

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7