× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My iPhone connects to my extender but doesn't switch to home wifi when I change rooms!

Mauricey
Aspirant

My iPhone connects to my extender but doesn't switch to home wifi when I change rooms!

Hi everyone!

Minor problem really but kind of bugging...

I have set up my extender in my flat and it works fine - I can now access wifi from the loo 😉

BUT... as I move around my home, I find my phone stays connected to the extender as opposed to automatically connecting to my home router, resulting in a weak-to-non-existant signal. I have to manually switch to my home router in iPhone's settings to access home wifi.

As I said, a total first-world problem, but here I am anyway, asking for help!

Happy for any tips 🙂

/Mauricey

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: My iPhone connects to my extender but doesn't switch to home wifi when I change rooms!

Hello Mauricey 

That is how the extender works no real way to fix that issue it will hold onto the signal until it is out of range of the extender fully or you switch on your own. We are launching a product called orbi that will do what you are wanting you may want to check it out.

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/orbi/?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Mauricey
Aspirant

Re: My iPhone connects to my extender but doesn't switch to home wifi when I change rooms!

OK, thanks for taking time to reply, Darren - I'll check it out!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7