× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 Connected but not transmitting information

Tcroome
Aspirant

N300 Connected but not transmitting information

Hi all, 

Have been trying to figure this out throughout the day. I purchased the Extender and installed it as per instructions. 

All lights are green but the according to a WiFi speed test my connection is at a mere 0.2 mb/s rather than the ~50 mb/s I get through my router directly.

I have tried various sockets at various distances, as well as multiple devices, the good old off-n-on again trick etc. but can't figure out why both the Router and Device lights are a solid green, but the connection is so so poor.

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: N300 Connected but not transmitting information

Hi @Tcroome, what is the firmware version of the extender? On the location where you have the extender, please try connecting a device to the router and check the speed that you are getting.

Dexter

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

did you set it up via wps or the installation wizard? 

Not all device makers code wps the same and it can create issues. If you installed via wps, try resetting and installing via the installation wizard

Message 2 of 5
Tcroome
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick response! I used the WPS set-up method, but am unsure whether wizard would work as I have a Virgin UK Router, and not a Netgear Router?

I will give it a go though! Thank you!

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 3 of 5
Tcroome
Aspirant

It sadly hasn't worked 😞 

Message 4 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Tcroome, what is the firmware version of the extender? On the location where you have the extender, please try connecting a device to the router and check the speed that you are getting.

Dexter

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7