× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 (EX2700) faulty connection & device link light

TreHazelwood
Aspirant

N300 (EX2700) faulty connection & device link light

My neighbor and I share wifi using extenders and the main router is located in their home. I have an N300 connected to their NETGEAR R6300v2 2.4Ghz connection and the internet connection has become very slow and unstable. At one point it worked flawlessly. Something I noticed that is very odd is the device link light. All lights are green but the device link tends to turn amber and red when I use my iPhone 6 on the extender in the same room and the connection is slow and unstable. When I connect my 2013 MacBook Pro to the extender, the device link stays green but the connection is still slow. The extender is on channel 1 while the main router is on "auto". The main router has 6 devices attached.  I've tried changing channels and updating firmware but the connection remains the same or gets worse. The main connection seems to work better when the extender is off. I've checked the NETGEAR Genie for the extender and it says everything is working properly. What could be the issue?

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
TreHazelwood
Aspirant

Re: N300 (EX2700) faulty connection & device link light

The device link light is now red whenever I try to use my iPhone on the extender and continuously drops the connection.

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 2 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: N300 (EX2700) faulty connection & device link light

Hello TreHazelwood

Have you tried to factory reset the extender and try the setup again?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7