× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 WiFi Range Extender, Model WN3000RPv3

Longbow2000
Follower

N300 WiFi Range Extender, Model WN3000RPv3

Good Day

I have a NETGEAR N300 Wireless DSL Modem Router, Model No. DGN2200. It is connected to the ADSL line in the “Home Office” room.

In the living room, “three brick walls” way is the NETGEAR N300 WiFi Range Extender, Model WN3000RPv3.

All mobile & portable devices (laptops, cell-phones, etc.) are successfully connected to the internet via the Range Extender.

Recently I have purchased a DStv WiFi connector (https://selfservice.dstv.com/devices/peripherals/dstv-wifi-connector/installation), which is basically also an extender with custom software to download via the DStv Explora / Showmax Series & Movies.

Scenario 1:
When connecting the DStv WiFi connector to the NETGEAR Range Extender, the Network Connection is 100%, but no Internet Connection. Again all other portable / mobile devices does have Internet Connection via the range extender and the ISP confirmed all is working on their side.

Scenario 2:
When connecting the DStv WiFi connector to the NETGEAR Modem Router then Network as well as Internet Connection is working. However, due to the fact that the DStv WiFi connector is located four walls way from the main Routes, the connection is VERY weak and not able to download movies / series.

There is no option to bring the Router closer due to the location of the ASDL line and also no option for “hardwire “ via a network cable. Thus, the reason for purchasing the NETGEAR Extender.

Is there a setting or static IP address or any other method to obtain Internet Conation for the DStv WifI via the NETGEAR Range Extender and who do you go about doing it?

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
TheEther
Guru

Re: N300 WiFi Range Extender, Model WN3000RPv3

The DStv WiFi Connector looks similar like a Ethernet-to-WiFi adapter, similar to Netgear's WNCE2001.  It doesn't look like it has any custom software built into it to facilitate downloading of videos.  The DStv Explora handles all of the downloading.

Do you have Access Control enabled on the DGN2200?  If you do, then you need to grant access to the DStv WiFi Connector while it's connected through the WN3000RPv2 in Scenario 1.

Is the WN3000RPv2 in the same room as the DStv Explora?  If it is, then have you tried wiring the DStv Explora directly to the WN3000RPv2 via Ethernet?  A wired connection is always superior to wireless.

Message 2 of 4
Caribe
Aspirant

I do not have DSL service, and am useing the N300 Extender to connect a camera to the

USB connector of the  Extender, and the Extender will connect through my AT&T iphones

Hotsopt, to send video . Which of the "Extenders" modes should I use to accomplish it sending

data through it's usb port?

I alread have it working, and resending, (boosting) my iphones wiFi signal now, but it

is not transmitting any data through the usb connection.

Thank you.....

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Caribe

You can not use the USB to transmit internet.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7