× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 WiFi Range Extender not connecting to router

CMB2008
Follower

N300 WiFi Range Extender not connecting to router

Purchased the extender March 28, 2020.  Set up using the installation assistant as modem is not WPS.
Connection was working fine until today, and no matter what we try, it will not reconnect.

Rebooted modem, factory reset extender and went through set up again but nothing.  The extender does recognise our internet conenction during set up but does not connect.  I cannot update the firmware as the extender needs to be connected to the internet to do this. 

Ran the installation assistant on a MAC and a PC, tried Chrome and Safari.  The messge received in you are not connected to your extender's wifi netrork.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  I did see a suggestion of doing the set up hard wired to the desktop, with wifi turned off, howvever when we tried that, the mywifiext would not load.  Can I set this up by connecting directly to my modem/router?

Is this simply a defective item?  Set up should not be this difficult or time consuming  

Thank you 

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7