× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 WiFi extender

ChrisPa
Follower

N300 WiFi extender

I now have two N300 WiFi extenders in my home. I have successfully connected them with my router, but realise that both extenders now have the same network name (the same as my router) and the same password. Is it possible to easily change the details of one of the extenders to ensure devices are accessing the most appropriate extender?

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: N300 WiFi extender

yes. There's 2 ways.

If you log into your router, it'll list the attached devices (or similar named depending on your router) with an ip address. Log into the ip address of one of the extenders. Change that ones name starting from step 3 below. 

Or you can just connect to one of them's wireless network and follow this procedure:

To change the wireless settings:

1. Make sure that the wireless computer, tablet or smartphone is connected to the EX3700 wireless network.
  2. Open an internet browser and go to www.mywifiext.net.
  3. When prompted, type admin as default username and password for default password.
  4. Click Setup > Wireless Setup.Delete the existing SSID and type the preferred new one. 
    Note: You can set the SSID to be the same as your main network.
  5. Select the desired security type under Security Options.
  6. Type the new passphrase.
  7. Click Apply.

Note: The wireless computer will be disconnected from the old network. Use the wireless client utility to reconnect to the new wireless network profile.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7