× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 Wifi Range Extended

vangellis0
Aspirant

N300 Wifi Range Extended

I have a n300 new have tried to gain acess to it give login and password it has now come up with another box enter master passwpord i dont have this did a hard reset and it still does the same on the back is just the 2 acess codes any help would be appraicated vangellis0

Message 1 of 6
nielsvds
Luminary

Re: N300 Wifi Range Extended

Here you can find the default passwords: https://kb.netgear.com/1148/What-are-the-default-user-interface-passwords-for-NETGEAR-devices

Druing the inital setup a username and password is also asked to create. So you need to enter what you have configured. When you do a factory reset, the entire configuration is erased. It is necessary to keep the reset putton pressed with for a example a thumbtack for 10 seconds.

Message 2 of 6
vangellis0
Aspirant

I had done all that that is why i am here I get the box come up to enter admin and password then i get now enter master password this is the bit i am stuck with .I have tried to press wps switch and the one on the router but this n300 overwrites my router and will not take a command .This is going to end up in room 101 and i will get me a tp link as this has a mind of its own vangellis0

Message 3 of 6
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi vanellis0,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. Can you send us a copy of the pop-up box asking for the username and password? Also, what is the brand and model of your main router? Did you set up the extender at home or in the office?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 4 of 6
vangellis0
Aspirant

Finally got this sorted .We lost Internet over Christmas my son used his mobile phone as a hotspot to give us acesses to Internet my n300 copied all the information to memory .once we realized that the n300 was mimic the mobile phone all i had to was put in the hotspot password from the mobile phone and then i could reset it to my router it very nearly ended up in room 101 ken

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 5 of 6
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi vangellis0,

Happy New Year!

Thank you for letting us know that everything is okay now.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7