× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 Wifi Range Extender wont connect to Internet

SethL
Aspirant

N300 Wifi Range Extender wont connect to Internet

I have the N300 (Model WN3000RPv3) that I have configured as an extender.  Problem is, once it connects to my router using the setup, it will not go to the Internet. The Internet light on the extender never lights.  I can connect to the extender with my laptop without a problem, but still no Internet.  Any suggestions? Why does it drop the connection to my router?  I have tried to reset it with no luck. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: N300 Wifi Range Extender wont connect to Internet

Hi SethL,

Please see page 33 of 43 on how to facotry reset your WN3000RPv3:

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WN3000RPV3/WN3000RPv3_UM_2Sep2014.pdf

Place your WN3000RPv3 in the same room as your router.

Then follow page 10 of 43 on how to setup using WPS or page 11 to setup via web browser:

Message 2 of 4
SethL
Aspirant

Have already tried this a few times and it hasn't worked.  Could the extender have an issue with the type of security on the router or the speed?  I do have the speed fixed to N.  It sees it fine during setup.  It also worked fine prior to me upgrading the firmware.

Message 3 of 4
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi SethL,

Please try setting the router and extender both to no security and test if this will give internet access to the extender. Also, set both to WPA2 and test.

You can also update your router to latest firmware and reset to factory.

If you are still experiencing issues, please contact Support and let them know about  your firmware issue.

http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7