× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 keeps asking for username and password

jameswatts
Initiate

N300 keeps asking for username and password

Hello

I successfully connected my N300 WiFi Range Extender (EX2700) to my Plusnet router 9 months ago. I have now got a new internet provider and router - Virgin Media - and want to connect my N300 to the new network.

Everytime I press 'log in' on NETGEAR_EXT, it keeps asking me for my username and password even though it's correct. I've factory reset the N300 and it's one foot away from the router. 

I've tried to log in with admin and password instead of my email address, but that doesn't work. 

Any ideas gratefully received - thank you!

James

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: N300 keeps asking for username and password

try a different pc/browswer. many with the password autofill will overwrite what you're putting in. 

Also, when some do a factory reset, the just hit the button. you need to push and hold while powered on for usually 7-15 seconds. The lights should change when its held long enough.

you can also hardwire into the extender for setup. this usually goes faster/smoother than connecting over wifi for setup. 

Message 2 of 3
jameswatts
Initiate

Re: N300 keeps asking for username and password

thank you - i used an ethernet cable and it worked!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7