× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 range extender

Txboy
Aspirant

N300 range extender

I just bought the n300 range extender to allow my tv in my bedroom to access the net via my current wifi router. However I have gone through the set up and still cannot connect to the Internet on my tv iPad or phone i can connect to the ext network and it says it is connected with full bars but won't load anything and the tv shows that it has connected to the extender but say it can get to the web. The range extender has full green lights and has the same name as the normal network
Message 1 of 3
Txboy
Aspirant

Re: N300 range extender

Sorry I meant to say that the tv says it CANNOT connect to the Internet but does connect to the extender
Message 2 of 3
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: N300 range extender

Hi Txboy,

Which N300 Range Extender do you have? (EX2700, WN3000RP, PR2000, WN2000RPT, etc)

Place the Extender in the same room as your router for the setup process (you can move the extender to other room afterwards)

Please reset the Range Extender back to factory defaults by powering on the extender, then press and hold the Factory Reset button for at least 7 seconds. The Extender will now restart.

Connect to the NETGEAR_EXT and go to mywifiext.net to complete the installation process.

Please try not to have the same SSID (network name). For example, if your router network is "HOME", try naming your extender network to "HOME_EXT"

Also, verify your firmware version matches the one listed on the support website:

http://support.netgear.com/for_home/default.aspx

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7