× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 range with EE brightbox 2 router

Ziggaman
Aspirant

N300 range with EE brightbox 2 router

Hi there, 

I've done a search for this topic, but when I clicked on what the search terms brought up there didn't seem to be any clear answers. 

I've recently moved into a new place, which has an EE Brightbox 2. The Brightbox 2 has no WPS button. It has something called an 'intelligent wireless' button but, when I've tried to connect it following the usual connection procedure, it clearly doesn't function as a WPS button. Is there another way to connect my N300 to the Brightbox 2?

I hope you guys can help me find a solution! Thanks!

Model: WN3000RP|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
Ziggaman
Aspirant

Re: N300 range with EE brightbox 2 router

I've done it!

Right, to help those that come after me, because I haven't found any other explanation on the entire web, very briefly:

if you have a router with no WPS button, such as the EE Brightbox, you need to click on the Netgear extension on your wifi selection on your phone, then navigate to 'advanced settings', and somwhere in there you'll find something called the Netgear genie, which will then connect your phone via the Netgear extender to the router. Thereafter, you can connect your other devices! Tada!

Best,

ziggaman

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7