× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 wireless range extender wont't connect

robbaconjr
Aspirant

N300 wireless range extender wont't connect

Hello, I recently purchased the N300 wireless extender (model EX2700) I can get the setup genie to work fine. But when I get to the last step where it asks me to connect my devices, i connect a laptop to the new extender wifi and click to confirm and then it says it wasn't able to connect. I am using a MAC or Apple ipad and it is a Verison FIOS wireless router.

The Extender was not able to connect to your existing network.
Please re-enter the password and try again.
Please refer to question 5 in the FAQ section on the back of the placemat for additional help.
Message 1 of 8
TheEther
Guru

Re: N300 wireless range extender wont't connect

An extender works by using Wi-Fi for two purposes.

1. To connect the extender to your Verizon router.  Your extender must be programmed with the Verizon's Wi-Fi SSID and password.
  2. To connect devices to the extender.  Your extender is programmed with its own Wi-Fi SSID and password that devices must use.

When you connected your laptop to the extender's Wi-Fi network, did you make sure to connect to the extender's SSID and did you enter the Wi-Fi password programmed in #2?

Message 2 of 8
robbaconjr
Aspirant

Yes, i connected to the extender, not the orig wifi. And once I entered the password I sucessfully connected the laptop. Then when I clicked to continue i get the error message. I seem to be following the directions correctly, just on the last step/confimation it says that it cannot connect to my wifi/router.

Message 3 of 8
TheEther
Guru

Did you configure the extender correctly to connect to your Verizon router?

Message 4 of 8
robbaconjr
Aspirant

Yes, I used the genie and entered the password ect correctly following the directions word for word. Infact I tried doing the process wirelessly on an iPhone, Mac desktop and Mac book air. Then I tried a hard line connection from my IMac with wireless off (I read this might work on a post) and still on the last step it tells me it can't connect.
Message 5 of 8
TheEther
Guru

Is the Router Link LED lit on the extender?  If yes, then what color is it?

Message 6 of 8
robbaconjr
Aspirant

Yes, it's green. I have it plugged in the wall right next to the router
Message 7 of 8
TheEther
Guru

I'm almost out of ideas.  Does your Verizon router have any kind of MAC address access control that could be prohibiting the extender and any devices connected through it from connecting successfully? 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7