× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300

Kaner
Aspirant

N300

Got 2 N300 EX2700 extenders in the house, one to connect directly to the Vodafone TV box (which works perfectly). The other I got to try and extend out to an outbuilding our son is living in (for his smart TV and separate TV box). I've used the WPS connection method for both but the 2nd extender doesn't show the router or device lights, and when I try to connect using the same password, it says "authentication error" 

All help appreciated 

Pete

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: N300

When you're setting it up, do it in the same room as the router. Shut off your other extender just to make sure there isn't anything interferring. Also, factory reset the extender by pushing and holding reset for 7-10 seconds while powered up. Then try your wps setup method. 

If that doesn't work, you can hardwire into the extender using the ethernet port, go to mywifiext.net, and you can manually set it up.

If you're able to get it setup by the router but it doesn't work by the outbuilding, it might be a distance issue. How far apart are they?

Message 2 of 3
Kaner
Aspirant

Re: N300

Thanks for the feed back, tried all that and still getting the same even with tablets / phones etc but will try again
Going to try TP link to get WiFi in the outbuilding seems to be best / cheapest solution, any advice on this method and equipment to use would be appreciated
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7