× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N600 dual N...right place?

networthless
Follower

N600 dual N...right place?

This is my first post, and in all honesty I am not savy at all when it comes to the fine tuning of networking. I purchased a N600 Dual N router that worked for a while but started acting up, so following NETGEARS instructions went through the gateway and attempted to upgrade the firmware... that flawed the system badddddd. I had to pull my old router out just so I could get online to follow NETGEARS reset instructions for the N600. However when I did this the thing just stopped responding... its like a vegetable. Can anyone please walk me through a reset process so I can just get my internet back... Also while on the subject I just purchased the N600 usb adapter for my office machine (old wireless card finally gave out), after running the software and attaching the N600 USB I cannot join my internet connection! I know its broadcasting in range as well I removed all internet security through my old routers gateway to ensure a snag free connection (my other comps are still recieving internet so I know I have the router set correctly)... why does the N600 series hate me so!?!?!?!?!, alrighty any help would be mucho appreciated! 😄
Message 1 of 2
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: N600 dual N...right place?

went through the gateway and attempted to upgrade the firmware... that flawed the system badddddd.

if you done upgrade via wireless and manually upload the firmware then you brick the unit..

see router reset on my sig below and try several reset option and see
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7