× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR AC2200 WiFi Extender (Model Number: EX7300) - Extender's WiFi is not working

Chase44
Aspirant

NETGEAR AC2200 WiFi Extender (Model Number: EX7300) - Extender's WiFi is not working

I purchased the NETGEAR AC2200 WiFi Extender about a month and a half ago and have had no issues with it until a few days ago when the WiFi from the extender was not giving me access to the internet. I am able to connect to the extenders WiFi and the lights on the extender are all green but the WiFi doesn’t work. I have done the factory reset on the extender, disconnected and reconnected the extender to my router, as well as, restarting the router itself. I am able to connect to my main WiFi and it works just fine. I currently have my extender connected to my router via an ethernet cable in which the WiFi from the extender works but is not as good because my ethernet cable is only 9 feet long. Any help would be much appreciated!
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: NETGEAR AC2200 WiFi Extender (Model Number: EX7300) - Extender's WiFi is not working

Hi @Chase44,

Thank you for the update. Please try updating the firmware of the extender to the latest version (1.0.2.136) and do a factory reset. You can do it manually by downloading the firmware from here. After that, try setting up the extender again. Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

If you used WPS during the extender setup, you could try another reset, and this time don't use WPS.  Instead, join the extender network and browse to www.mywifiext.net to complete the setup.  Disconnect the ethernet cable before you try this.

Message 2 of 8
Chase44
Aspirant

I have reset the extender without using WPS and the WiFi is still not working. Also, I can't browse to www.mywifiext.net because the WiFi from the extender does not work unless I use the ethernet cable.

Message 3 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Chase44,

1. Accessing the extender's UI via www.mywifiext.net does not require Internet access. 2. Does the extender show up as an attached device when looking at your router's UI?

3. What is the firmware version of the extender?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Chase44,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 5 of 8
Chase44
Aspirant

I was able to get on to www.mywifiext.net and I went through all of the steps as if I was setting up the extender for the first time. I was able to complete the setup process with no issues but after doing so 3 separate times the extender's WiFi still wasn't working. The extender does show up as an attached device when I'm looking at my router's UI. My extender's firmware version is V1.0.1.78

Message 6 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Chase44,

Thank you for the update. Please try updating the firmware of the extender to the latest version (1.0.2.136) and do a factory reset. You can do it manually by downloading the firmware from here. After that, try setting up the extender again. Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 7 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Chase44,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7