× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR_EXT not showing - Nighthawk x45 AC2200

mtlsummer
Follower

NETGEAR_EXT not showing - Nighthawk x45 AC2200

Hello, 

I just switched to a new router hub 3000 from Bell Canada , My wifi extender Nighthawk X4S AC2200 is no working with it. I pressed the reset button on the back of the extender before trying to connect and still nothing. Whenever I log into my phone I open the app, then I add new devices, and then iOS tells me to connect to NETGEAR_EXT, however it is not popping up on my wifi connections. I don't see Netgear.ext from my wifi connections of my phone, my laptop and Ipad.

The wifi extender can't  use a enthernnet cable to connect a computer, so I can't check if the extender is voradcasting its SSID.

Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks a lot!

Summer

NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S AC2200 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender

Model: Model: EX7500
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: NETGEAR_EXT not showing - Nighthawk x45 AC2200

Did you try to setup using wps? 

If so, it default sets up using mesh mode. meaning it uses the same ssid as the router. 

What are the led lights on it showing?

When you factory reset, did you push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while it was powered on? The lights blink when held long enough. 

You could also log into the router and see if the extender shows up under the attached devices (or equivelent) page. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7