× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR WN2000RPT + D-Link DIR-655 = Lose internet regularly

evilmurray
Follower

NETGEAR WN2000RPT + D-Link DIR-655 = Lose internet regularly

Hi, I am renting an apartment and I am sharing internet with my landlord. On his floor there is a D-Link DIR-655 router wired to the wall. I am connected to his router via my NetGear WN2000RPT Wireless network extender. I am regularly losing my internet connection, but maintaining the network connection. The connection is very stable, but I keep losing the internet. This is not an issue when I connect to the D-Link router wirelessly.

I have wrestled with this issue for months, and I am getting really frustrated. :eek: Does anyone have this set-up? How are you resolving the DHCP, IPs and such? Right now I have just reset the setup so that the router hands out all the IPs, and it isn't working.

Preferebly I´d like to have a static IP for all my devices, and that my landlord gets his IPs via DHCP. Any help would be deeply appreciated. I have attached a schematic drawing of the setup, please ask if you need any other information. PS: My landlord is using a 10 character WEP-key, if this has anything to do with the issue. 🙂

Message 1 of 2
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: NETGEAR WN2000RPT + D-Link DIR-655 = Lose internet regularly

For one WEP is hackable

Use WPA2 and most favorable on extender.

Also you can use DHCP and static ip t same time. Range the the DHCP and use OUTSIDE of dchp for all your devices and extender
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7