× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR WiFi 6 Mesh Range Extender (EAX20)

leap4artnc
Aspirant

NETGEAR WiFi 6 Mesh Range Extender (EAX20)

I just installed this today but think I may have bought the wrong thing. 

I have an Iphone 12 Pro on the Verizon network. Previously I had had a Netgear Extender which made my cellphone have at least 3 bars or four. But somehow when I went to a business system with Specturm, someone took that extender by mistake. 

I have a Spectrum business network which has 2 G and 5 G. I set up the Extender today and put it on my 5G network. My test shows that my network is exceedingly high for uploads and downloads. (It was before I got this as it is a business system). 

So, will this product help my cellphone connectivity? Or did I buy the incorrect one?

Please note, I have MS which these days effects my cognition. So if you have questions, please try to ask them in separate paragraphs as I have done. 

Thanks for any hekp, 

Tommy B. McDonell, Ph.D.

Artist, Leap4artnc LLC

Pinehurst, NC

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: NETGEAR WiFi 6 Mesh Range Extender (EAX20)

The Extender will not impact your cellular service. Its a wifi extender. 

Boosting your cellular services is a different process and requires different equipment. It also needs to be registered with verizon. 

I'd check with verizon if this is something you're needing. 

https://www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/accessories/register-signal-booster/

Message 2 of 3
leap4artnc
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR WiFi 6 Mesh Range Extender (EAX20)

Ok. Unfortunately it is listed on the Verizon page but it is easy to go back to Amazon.

Thanks.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7