× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR WiFi range extender WN3000RPv2

caitlynnmorris
Aspirant

NETGEAR WiFi range extender WN3000RPv2

Last night I updated the firmware on my extender, after doing so it no longer connects me to the internet. I’ve unplugged both the extender and router itself. I’ve pressed factory reset on the extender multiple times and it still won’t restore itself to the old firmware. I’ve tried going onto mywifiextender.net and mywifiextender.com but it keeps telling me that my extender hasn’t been setup yet. I can’t even connect to the original WiFi on my iPhone because it keeps saying that the password is incorrect. I don’t know what else to do. 

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: NETGEAR WiFi range extender WN3000RPv2

@caitlynnmorris wrote:

Last night I updated the firmware on my extender, after doing so it no longer connects me to the internet. I’ve unplugged both the extender and router itself. I’ve pressed factory reset on the extender multiple times and it still won’t restore itself to the old firmware. I’ve tried going onto mywifiextender.net and mywifiextender.com but it keeps telling me that my extender hasn’t been setup yet. I can’t even connect to the original WiFi on my iPhone because it keeps saying that the password is incorrect. I don’t know what else to do. 

Resetting the device doesn't "restore itself to the old firmware". It  just resets all the settings. After reading that I want to make sure you fully reset the device before going further.  here's exactly how to restore it starting on page 25.  

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WN3000RPV2/WN3000RPv2_UM_2April2014.pdf

starting on page 9 shows how to reconnect to your network. or follow this guide.

https://kb.netgear.com/24641/WN3000RPv2-initial-installation

You CAN downgrade the firmware to an old version. Once you get it setup, download an older version of the firmware. Go to:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WN3000RPv2.aspx

and select your version. Scroll down to "+view previous versions" and select an older firmware. Then follow the manual upgrade procedure (page 27 of the manual) and select the older version when it asks for the file. Downgraded.

Message 2 of 7
caitlynnmorris
Aspirant

Thanks for the response! I was able to get it reconnected but the connectivity is still poor, I guess there’s not much I can do about that but before hand, I was able to have the extender in my room, now it has to be exactly right next to the wifi router in order for it to work, which sucks cause the connectivity in my room is still poor. I tried logining into the website but now it says “Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication.” what should I do now?
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

@caitlynnmorris wrote:
Thanks for the response! I was able to get it reconnected but the connectivity is still poor, I guess there’s not much I can do about that but before hand, I was able to have the extender in my room, now it has to be exactly right next to the wifi router in order for it to work, which sucks cause the connectivity in my room is still poor. I tried logining into the website but now it says “Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication.” what should I do now?

when you say logging in via the website, are you talking the www.mywifiext.net website? Or are  you talking the ip address? You can get the ip address from  your main router under your attached devices screen. 

In terms of your connection not being good anymore, the channels might have changed, your fastlane setup might have changed. Theres some optimizations you can do. 

https://routerguide.net/wifi-range-extender-best-setup-guide/

And here's a guide on fastlane tech from netgear. 

https://kb.netgear.com/24662/What-is-FastLane-Technology-and-how-do-I-configure-it

Message 4 of 7
caitlynnmorris
Aspirant

I mean www.mywifiext.net website won’t let me login and i’m not sure why. I’ll check out the articles on the optimizations that I can do.
Message 5 of 7
caitlynnmorris
Aspirant

I did a factory reset on it once again and was able to get it back to where it said “NETGEAR” (forgot the number) on my wifi networks, I clicked on it and it brought me to this page. i’m able to go past that but it brings me to the next page similar to that one, the only way it’ll allow me to click continue is if I change the name and the WPA settings, if I don’t, it won’t allow me to continue. so, i changed the name and the wpa settings, found what i changed the name to, clicked on it and it continues to bring me back to that first page...why? also, while i’m doing this, the router/client link aren’t on the extender.
Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

Try doing the setup with a computer. I notice you're doing it on a mobile device. See if that makes a difference. 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7