× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR universal wifi extender

epa0506
Aspirant

NETGEAR universal wifi extender

Hello,

I have a Netgear universal wifi range extender model #: WN3000RPv3 that I am trying to connect to an iPad. When going to the mywifi site, it cannot access the page, even though the ipad is showing that I am connected to the extender's network. A popup will then appear on Saraf prompting me to log in to the extender's network. I have not logged into it before, but it will give me security questions despite not creating any yet. I tried factory resetting with no luck. Any help would be appreciated!

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 10
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Re: NETGEAR universal wifi extender

Hi @epa0506,

If it is prompting you to create an account by inputting e-mail address, password, confirm password and choose 2 security question and answer same, you are in right page. Once you create the account to login to extender, you can access its settings. Do you have trouble connection Ipad to extender? What exactly happens when you attempt to connect?

Message 2 of 10
epa0506
Aspirant

Thank you for getting back to me!

It does not prompt me to create an account, however it acts as though I have already created one, which I have not. It will say the ipad is connected to the wifi, but when accessing a site, it prompts me to enter the username and password for the netgear extender.

Message 3 of 10
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @epa0506,

Try to reset for 30 seconds. If you still encounter the same issue, try ON/OFF reset to see if it bring it to factory settings. During setup, try to skip it by choosing "Setup later" during selection for EXtender/AP mode and check if firmware is latest. If not, manual update the firmware to see if that helps. You may need to run setup after firmware upgrade to configure extender with the router.

Message 4 of 10
JakeB
Aspirant

Hey!

Try connecting to the extender through an ethernet cable and a laptop/desktop and try it from there. 

Message 5 of 10
epa0506
Aspirant

Thank you! I will give this a try.

Message 6 of 10
epa0506
Aspirant

I will try this thanks!

Message 7 of 10
JakeB
Aspirant

Any luck?

Message 8 of 10
epa0506
Aspirant

The 30 second hard reset did the trick, and I was able to create a new account. Now however, I am stuck at the next step. The setup wizard is not working, so I am trying to add the wifi extender's IP address to the router. I thought I did this correctly, but I am still having trouble getting internet. The ipad will connect to the extender's network, but it will give me a no internet access error.

Message 9 of 10
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @epa0506,

What error do you encounter when you run the setup? Did you attempted WPS or browser method? Please help with screenshot if any during browser method.

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7